Countries of East Africa:
Some special physical features about Africa are Mount Kilimanjaro and the Ruvuma River. Also something that is so interesting about it is that it has the form of an elephant horn! It is called the wettest part of Africa. Its climate is hot. Ethiopia is considered one of the hottest places in the entire world! Can you imagine how hot it is!
Africa was part of the super continent called Pangaea. Over the years continents shifted apart because of volcanic eruptions, earthquakes and the oceans. Its location didn’t change so drastically like others continent suffer. Now day you can still find plants that are from the age of the dinosaurs! People that are from Africa have adapted since they were born to this land.
In the early 1980s East Africa has created fusion music, now they have elements from Western music to create traditional and modern music. The instruments they use por playing are the drums, bongoes, strings and horns. Also they have adapted an Arabic influence in their music. They have religious poetry in songs.
Languages and Religions:
- The most spoken language is the Swahili, with more than 5 million native speakers and other Africans have it adopted as a secondary language. Madagascar doesn’t speak Swahili; they speak their native language Malagasy. Others spoken languages are the Hausa and the Arabic.
- The Islamic religion reins the coasts of East Africa. Very few are starting to practice Muslim. In the interior of East Africa most people are Christian. And in the rural regions they practice they native religions.
- They call it an Eden because it is a natural paradise.
- The equator runs through Kenya and Uganda.
- Kenya is called the “Safari Capital of the World”
- East Africa is the bird capital of the world.
- Believed the human race started here.
- Cell phones are immensly popular.
HOPE YOU LIKED MY INVESTIGATION! 🙂 HAVE A GOOD DAY!